Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Missed me?

So, I haven't written since Thanksgiving. That's kind of embarrassing. Like a lot of health bloggers, my time away also kind of coincided with a departure from being super healthy. As the name of the blog states, while I was away, I've done a lot of eating and reading, but not so much running. I believe my miles to date for 2012 is 19, with 6 of them bring from today and yesterday. I'm a wimp in the cold as far as running its concerned, and I'm afraid to run in the dark alone, so winter has been tough as a runner. Excuses, excuses, I know. I see plenty of runners running in much harsher conditions, I just need to suck it up.

Also, this quarter has had me stressed out from day one, so I've felt like I've been playing catch up since classes started, which isn't a good feeling. Honestly, in the past few weeks, there have been quite a few moments where I've asked myself if grad school really is for me, but, so far, I'm gritting my teeth and sticking it out. Not sure what else I'd do—and I'm sure quitting would make me feel like I've let myself down, even if it's turning out to be something different than I expected (not sure why I expected anything different though!).

Otherwise, the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012 have been great. I've tried a ton of new recipes like eggbeater breakfast pockets, homemade bread, pizza balls, and homemade red velvet brownies that put the red velvet cupcakes I made for Jon's birthday to shame. I also got a new slow cooker for Christmas, so it and I have been getting to know one another.

Unfortunately, a mix of lame excuses for not running and stress baking have combined on my hips in the form of 5 pounds, so my clothes are fitting tighter... Not good. I've  needed new jeans for awhile now, but I refuse to go shopping for them till my current jeans fit more comfortably again. I'm convinced that's how weight creeps up on you—gain a little, buy new clothes where you just barely need the next size up, they feel good... cycle repeats.

Anyway, I'm back now and am slowly trying to hop back on the bandwagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment